Willkommen bei der Antragsdatenbank!
CSC-Tübingen PhD Program: Project 16/2020:
The investigation of local properties of optoelectronic materials at the nanometer scale using optical spectroscopy and microscopy
Topic Description:In the nanoscale regime, light matter interaction is the fundamental of photoelectronic and material research. Benefiting from the developments of novel fabrication and characterization techniques, new photoelectronic devices, based on surface plasmons (SPs) and two-dimensional (2D) materials, exhibit extraordinary application potentials. However, the mechanism for modulating optical and electronic properties still remains ambiguous, which is promising to be revealed by local optical spectroscopy with an optical resolution at the nanometer scale. This project mainly focuses on the interaction between SPs and quantum emitters, especially in the strong coupling regime. The strong coupling effects between the resonant mode in plasmonic nano gaps and dipole oscillators in 2D materials and -conjugated organic molecules will be studied both experimentally using tip-enhanced Raman spectroscopy and theoretically.
Faculty: Faculty of Science
Institute/Section/Subject:Physics/ Optics/ Nanospectroscopy
Supervising Professors:PD Dr. Dai Zhang and Prof. Dr. Alfred J. Meixner
About the Supervisors:The expertise of Prof. Dr. Alfred J. Meixner: 1) optical single molecule spectroscopy (fluorescence, Raman scattering), including also quantum dots and gold nanoparticles and 2) multimodal tip/Plasmon enhanced near-field optical microscopy and spectroscopy in the spectral and time domain, respectively. The expertise of PD Dr. Dai Zhang: 1) Local Raman and photoluminescence microscopy in the linear optical regime, 2) second harmonic generation and two photon photoluminescence microscopy and 3) Local optical properties of novel optoelectronic materials, such as organic semiconductors, perovskites and two-dimensional materials. Homepage: www.uni-tuebingen.de/nanospectroscopy.
Requirements for the application:Required Degrees: Master degree
Language Requirements: IELTS, TOEFL
Notes: Several CSC-supported PhD thesis have been successfully hosted by the group since 2011.
For further instructions on how to apply, more information on the program and contact details please see below.
CSC-Tübingen PhD Program
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) and the University of Tübingen have established a PhD Program which supports Chinese nationals inside and outside of China wishing to carry out all or part of their PhD study in Tübingen.
- providing high quality research training to qualified students from Chinese universities
- developing education and research collaborations between the University of Tübingen and Chinese universities and research institutions
Excellent postgraduate and doctoral students from Chinese universities who are citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application
Details: Full time fellowship:
- postgraduate students who want to carry out their complete doctoral studies at the University of Tübingen
- up to 48 months
- degree conferred by the University of Tübingen
- Annual living allowance as prescribed by the Chinese Government (which includes Overseas Student Health Cover)
- Return airfare to Germany
- Visa application fees
- Support for the attendance of international conferences during the second and third year (up to 1000€ granted to successful applicants)
- Tuition waiver
- Option to take German language classes provided by the University of Tübingen during the first year
- Accommodation offered in Tübingen student dormitories depending on availability
- Opportunities to gain additional teaching and research experience as well as economic benefits from the University of Tübingen from the second year onward (depending on the ability of the applicant and the situation of the respective institute)
- Jan 15: Application deadline. Applications must be handed in through the online application system of the University of Tübingen
- by March 1: Successful applicants will be officially informed
- by April 5: Invited applicants have to register with the CSC according to the regulations of the CSC.
- by May 31: Final decisions about the allocation of scholarships will be made by the CSC
- June: Program participants will be invited for a welcome seminar in Beijing
- by Oct 1: Program participants arrive in Tübingen
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their studies.
How to Apply:
In order to apply you need to upload the following documents combined in 1 PDF
- Cover/Motivation letter
- Research proposal
- Academic transcripts
- Proof of proficient skills in the required languages (if possible certificates, proficiency=comprehension of a wide range of demanding, longer texts as well as fluent and spontaneous expression allowing a flexible and effective language use for social, academic and professional purposes.)
For questions please contact the representation of the University of Tübingen in Beijing:
European Centre for Chinese Studies (ECCS)
Mr. Christian Buskühl
Peking University Pacific Science and Technology Development Center
52, Haidian Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100080 / Room 708
北京大学太平洋科技发展中心, 北京市 海淀区 海淀路52号 708室 / 邮编: 100080